A special gathering of artists with unique displays and high quality of work exhibited, The Celebration of Creativity Fine Art Exhibit & Sale is open March 5th – 8th, 2020
Celebrating the Arts
The Celebration of Creativity was started over 40 years ago by a small group at Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, Oregon. The goal was to meet the need of local artists for a recurring professional venue and to make fine art available and affordable to the community.
Over the years, this showcase of local and regional talent has grown to become one of the premier art shows in the Portland area, famous for its beautiful presentation, a wide variety of media, and an ever-changing array of artists.
The Art Show Committee of Southminster works year-round to produce the Celebration of Creativity, inviting both emerging and established artists after jurying.
For more than 20 years, the Celebration of Creativity has provided money for scholarships and art programs as part of its mission to promote local arts by supporting art education. The committee sponsors three scholarships for the Beaverton Arts Commission’s outstanding high school visual art students. In addition, the committee has supported the Beaverton School District Art Literacy Program for the past 16 years with volunteers and donations.
Overview For Artists
- Produced each March by the Art Show Committee at Southminster Presbyterian Church.
- Gallery style show; not a booth show.
- Artists do not work event; all set up, staffing, & tear down done by
- Artists encouraged to attend, especially Thursday night First Night Gala & Friday night “Meet the Artist” reception; but attendance not mandatory.
- Participation by invitation from Art Show Committee after jurying/screening.
- Applications to screen available at annual Celebration or from church office; No fee to screen.
- Applications to screen are due on June 30.
- Screening held late summer; invitations extended after screening.
- Roster set by Autumn, so apply early.
- Participant costs: 30% commission + $40 entry fee.
- Detailed summary sheet, with all show dates, available upon request from Church Office.
The 42nd annual Celebration of Creativity Art Show at Southminster Presbyterian Church is located one mile west of Highway 217 at the corner of SW Hall and SW Denney Road in Beaverton.
Get Directions >>>
We invite you to mark your calendar to join us each March as we celebrate the gift of creativity. Come and enjoy!